If you are trying to sponsor an employee for a work-based green card, you will need to first file a program electronic review management (PERM) labor certification.
PERM Advertising in New York can be a tricky process, but we are here to guide you through every step of the way. We are a leading provider of DOL specified PERM advertising services for New York and beyond.
The Basics on Perm Ads
PERM ads are used in the process to obtain a specific certificate from the Department of Labor to get an employee a work visa or a green card based on employment in the United States.
The application for the PERM labor certification gives the DOL all of the evidence needed to prove that your company will provide fair pay and are not depriving qualified US citizens of work. The application may seem straightforward, but there are several complicated requirements that must be fulfilled in the process and the application must be filled out correctly to ensure success.
Below we will outline some of the reasons your company might want to seek foreign employers as well as the requirements of PERM advertising in New York.
Top Reasons to Hire Foreign Workers
The top reason many companies have outsourced jobs to foreign individuals comes down to a specialized skill set that might not be readily available at a local level. While this is still the reason many of our clients require PERM advertising services, more and more businesses are discovering the benefits of looking abroad when it comes to hiring. As globalization increases, having diverse perspectives and different skill sets in the workplace will become major assets. Foreign workers could offer the following incentives:
- A different set of skills
- Outside of the box thinking
- A better relationship with foreign clients
- More cultural diversity
While it is easier for larger companies to hire foreign nationals, it is still worth the effort for smaller businesses to reap these benefits.
The Requirements of Perm Advertising in New York
Sponsoring a foreign national employee can be a long and expensive process. There are general recruitment activities required for all professional and non-professional employment applications, extra recruitment activities for profession occupation applications, and general content guidelines.
General Recruitment Activities
These requirements can be broken down into three broad components:
- Place a job order with the local State Workforce Agency. It must be posted for a minimum of 30 days. Employers are encouraged to keep print-outs of the posting for back-up documentation.
- Post advertisements in newspapers/and or a relevant professional journal. Basic positions must be advertised in a general circulation newspaper serving the area in two different Sunday additions. Positions requiring an advanced degree or a certain level of experience must circulate in an additional Sunday addition. Suburban locations are able to advertise in a newspaper with city-wide circulation if there is no local option and rural locations without a Sunday edition newspaper may advertise in an option with the widest circulation in the area.
- A notice of filing must be posted for 10 consecutive business days with the same information as the external newspaper postings with the addition of wage information. Proper notice must be given to the bargaining representative for union positions.
Extra Recruitment Activities
For this, an employer must complete a minimum of three of the following activities (one may be completed within the 30-day time frame before filing):
- Posting radio and television advertisements
- Posting on an external job search website
- Recruiting at a job fair
- Posting to the employer’s website
- Filing a notice of a job opening at a campus placement office
- Advertisements posted through private employment firms
- Postings in local and ethnic newspapers relevant to the job opportunity
- Recruiting through an employee referral program that includes identifiable incentives
- Using on-campus recruiting techniques
- Advertisements through trade or professional organizations
PERM ads include general content guidelines including:
- The name of the employer and the relevant contact information
- The physical address of the job site
- An address to send resumes (physical or electronic)
- A sufficiently detailed job description
- If the wage is listed, it cannot be listed lower than the prevailing wage determination or what is being offered to any foreign employees
After the advertisement stage, there are more requirements for the interview process and providing documentation to the DOL. Working with a full-service PERM advertising agency is the best way to ensure that your company complies with all of the guidelines of the process.
Hire Us for PERM Advertising Services
There is a good chance that you do not have the infrastructure to navigate the PERM process on your own, and this is where Byk Advertising comes in handy.
We have extensive experience in providing PERM advertising services to New York and can save your business time and manpower that would be better spent on other aspects of your business. We know the process inside and out and will make the process of hiring a foreign employee much easier.
We have established professional relationships with top publications across the nation and will post PERM ads in major/local newspapers across the nation, State Job Banks, online job search engines, University Career Centers, and more.
Why Choose Byk Advertising?
Take a look at the biggest benefits you will gain by working with our agency:
- We are a nationally recognized provider of DOL specified immigration advertising
- We have over 30 years of experience working with one of the nation’s largest immigration law firms
- We have nearly 60 years of award-winning advertising innovation under our belt
- We offer unparalleled customer service
- We provide complete packages for PERM advertising
- Our PERM advertising rates are competitive thanks to our experience and relationships in the industry
Contact Byk Advertising today for help with the PERM labor certification process and PERM advertising services for your business in New York and beyond.